Thursday 8 February 2018

Treat Yourself to a Face Mask

There's nothing like a good ol' face mask to give your skin a good pamper.


I've never used to be one of those people that would just slap on a face mask every so often, I've just never got in to the habit, but after trying out some new ones I've definitely come round to them. I used to think they took time and were a bit of a faff, something that should only be reserved for extra special pamper nights. But I was wrong. They are a fabulous little invention that you should definitely incorporate into your skincare regime. They are so easy to use every now and again, whilst still feeling wonderfully indulgent and giving yourself a treat.

So which two face masks are my favourite at the moment....

L'OREAL PURE CLAY BRIGHT FACE MASK


I'd spotted these colourful pots everywhere and I was very intrigued by them. After watching the hype from a-far I eventually decided to give them a go.

Each little pot of loveliness is a blend of three clays, plus its own unique ingredient that gives your skin what it needs. My skin had been feeling awfully dull after the winter months, so I went for the 'bright' mask. It "clarifies skin tone and helps to freshen and illuminate the skin" with a Yuzu lemon extract that works to even out your skin. It's also packed with natural exfoliators to deeply cleanse and remove dead skin cells, which is what brightens your skin.


I left it on for 5-10 minutes, the texture still stayed quite 'mud' like and it didn't dry out too much. Immediately my skin felt smoother and softer, but it was really the next morning when I felt like I could see a difference. It's just a little tub of sunshine which gives your skin a lovely boost.

THE BODY SHOP HIMALAYAN CHARCOAL PURIFYING MASK 


I've always been a fan of Body Shop goodies, from their shampoo to their body butters they create beautiful and natural products. But I'd never tried their face masks...

The Himalayan Charcoal Mask helps to purify your skin with its refining and reviving qualities. Inspired by Ayurvedic traditions, a system of medicine that has its historical roots in India, it is made up of bamboo charcoal from the Himalayan Foothills, green tea leaves from Japan and organic tea tree oil. It works as it "draws out impurities and refines the appearance of pores for healthy-looking skin with a glow that shows." With an inbuilt exfoliator it draws out the dead skin cells, whilst the green tea acts as a antioxidant helping to clear up you skin.


Again, I left it on for 5-10 minutes. Its a thick, grainy, mud-like texture, that I do quite like, it feels earthy and natural. This one definitely did dry out quite a bit more, but I quite like this tingling and tightening feeling as it makes me think that it's really doing its job! My skin was beautifully soft and smooth after and I did feel with this one that I noticed straight away.

Two fabulously masks to give your skin a little glow!

x x x 

No comments:

Post a Comment