Sunday 14 January 2018

The Classics

There's certain items that everyone should have in their wardrobe.


The basics. The wardrobe staples. The classics.

I love shopping and I love fashion and it's always fun when you find something a little bit extravagant, something that's a bit outlandish and attention-seeking. However, I may be completely head-over-heels in love with some sort of fringed, or feathered, or overly embellished buy, but it's the items that have become known as wardrobe staples that I find myself going back to time and time again.


For me these classics that I can't get enough of are; a white shirt, a good pair of jeans, a black leather jacket, ankle boots and a cross-body bag.

A white shirt you love is something everyone should have.


They just make life so much easier! Plus they don't have to be boring. I adore the frill detail on this one, it just updates it a little and makes it a touch more interesting. When it comes to white shirts we really are spoilt for choice on the high street, there's so many variations. I spied a gorgeous one in Zara the other day with subtle feather details on the shoulder. Or go for one with detail buttons or tie sleeves. I love a good white shirt and if they've got something just a little unique about them then that's all the better.

I'm a jeans fiend at the weekend. I always say I'll try and wear more dresses and skirts, but I always end up in my trusty denims.


Jeans shopping can be a bit of a trial, but I've found that Topshop is the denim supplier for me. The cut of their jeans just fits me well and I've never found an alternative that I like as much. When it comes to style I always used to go for the super-skinny 'Joni', but now I've moved on to 'Jamie' and discovered this is one for me. The denim is super, super comfortable and has a bit of a stretch to it, the cut is fairly high-waisted and then cropped at the ankle. So comfy, so easy to wear, they're my winner that's for sure.

There's not a fashion blogger out there who doesn't have a leather jacket!


A while ago I decided to spend a bit more and invest in a good quality leather jacket and I'm so, so pleased with this one. From Zara, the leather is buttery soft and just has a bit more of an indulgent feel than imitation leather. I love the biker style and it's one of those things you can throw on over a jumper, or add a little edge to a floral dress and you immediately feel a bit more stylish. I would definitely say that this is the classic wardrobe item which you should invest in. Leather jackets will probably never go out of style and if you get decent one in a design you adore you'll be wearing it for years to come.

I'm one of those people who probably has far too many ankle boots in my collection!


I love finding new ones with different details on them. The gold studs on this pair make them just irresistible and I've been wearing them all winter long, getting a truckload of compliments on them as well! The pointed toe and small block heel just finish them off. I've always got a good pair of plain black boots on the go, but I love having a couple of pairs that are a bit more special.

My collection of little weekend bags is constantly growing.


I have quite the range of cross-body bags, because I love them! Throw in your purse, pop in a lipstick, sling it over your shoulder and you're good to go. I love the bright pop of red of this one. It makes a simple outfit stand out a bit more and gives it a zap of energy. This one is from Mango, which is a place I adore for bags. I have a green one from there that I've used for years and it's lasted so well. Little cross-body bags are definitely weekend wardrobe staples for me and I love getting brightly coloured, or patterned ones that are just a little more fun.

What are you're wardrobe classic?

x x x 

Jacket - Zara 
Shirt - Primark 
Jeans - Topshop 
Boots - Primark 
Bag - Mango 



No comments:

Post a Comment