Wednesday 10 January 2018

Armani: Because It's You

The red lipstick of the perfume world.


Armani's Because It's You perfume has been described as 'delicious and sparkling'. For me there's something empowering about it. It's like when you paint on bold red lips, or slip on a LBD and feel like you can conquer anything. It's a perfume that gives you a confidence boost.


When I smell it I find it quite a complex perfume and I can't quite put my finger on what it is I like about it. It captures your attention and it's enchanting. It's almost like you want to keep smelling it so that you can work it out. It reminds me of an old Hollywood starlet that's full of secrets.

Top notes: raspberry, blackcurrent, neroli essence
Heart notes: violet leaves, rose, jasmine
Base notes: patchouli essence, vanilla, musk


I can definitely smell the musk in it and it's almost like a dusty floral smell. It's not sweetly feminine and is more elegant, it's sophisticated and refined. It feels like more of a grown-up scent as it manages to balance the freshness with a heavier, musty, sultry smell. The raspberry in perfume is a new thing to me and I quite like it, I think it adds a bit more energy to it in a way.


Armani perfumes are "an example of invisible sophistication". Like their clothes Armani perfumes want to be noticed by passers-by. Inspired by the different elements of nature they create a harmony that's timeless and vibrant.

"Giorgio Armani's fragrances are dedicated to the modern and sophisticated Armani woman." 



This is definitely going to be the perfume that I spritz on when I need a little confidence boost. I love the intriguing smell and the fact that you just can't really decide what it is you like about it. It's like it just won't whisper all its secrets and leaves you waiting for more.

x x x

1 comment: