Wednesday 18 October 2017

REVIEW: Mon Guerlain

A new perfume that definitely feels like a classic.


Guerlain is a really fascinating brand. I was lucky enough to hear all its storied at a St Enoch Centre event and I have to admit I was enchanted. In 1798 Pierre Francois-Pascal Guerlain began the iconic French brand. And they certainly made their mark on the beauty industry. They not only invented the 1st lipstick in 1871, but they also invented the first bronzing powder, Terracotta in 1984 - and even now one is sold every 20 seconds! Guerlain is also a brand that innovates and they discovered many of the ingredients that are found in skincare today.

But on to the perfume, Mon Guerlain, and how pretty, feminine and graceful is it - it's made for decorating dressing tables!


Guerlain has developed a unique signature when it comes to its scents, known as Guerlinade. Their favourite raw materials include Tonka Bean, Iris, Vanilla, Rose, Jasmine and Bergamont that all mix together to create the most mesmerising smells.

"This is a fragrance that is all about you. Like, an invisible tattoo, it reveals the accomplished, strong and liberated woman of today." 

Mon Guerlain is feminine and elegant. Lavender, jasmine, vanilla and sandalwood all create a really beautiful fragrance and when you wear the perfume with the body lotion the fresh and oriental smell is even more intense. It's just so charming, delicate but strong at the same time. It also lasted really well and I could still smell it at the end of the day.


The beautiful Mon Guerlain is french chic and a touch of glamour. Even though it's new for me it already feels like a classic that I'll wear for years and years to come, there's something inherently nostalgic about it. Like I've already seen it on a Grandmother's dressing table. It's rare and very special to find something brand new that gives you this feeling.

Mon Guerlain is without a doubt a new favourite of mine and every time I wear it I feel like I'm treating myself to a spritz of indulgence.

x x x

** This item was gifted to me, but I was not obliged to review it 

No comments:

Post a Comment