Wednesday 13 September 2017

Dressed Down

Sparkling clothes don't have to be reserved for special occasions.


I'm the kind of shopper that hates buying things that you can only wear for one occasion. I want to be able to wear my clothes day, night, brunch, dinner, summer, winter, really whenever the mood takes me. I generally avoid having clothes that are reserved for 'going out' and like to be able to wear them during the day too. But this sparkly little skirt caused a little dilemma!

This was a gem I found in Mango last Christmas. I'd wandered up and down and up and down Buchanan Street searching for the perfect outfit for a work Christmas do and then I realised that I'd forgotten about Mango! I'm really bad for doing this. Whenever I go into Mango I always come out with something I absolutely adore and wear loads, but it's always the last I think of for some reason.

Any way I digress, so I bought this skirt for a Christmas party and yes, we're feeling proper Christmas, tinsel sparkle. But this went against my any season, any occasion shopping rule and I couldn't let this happen. I decided to crack out the skirt again for a catch-up lunch with my sister.


With a sparkling 'fancy' skirt the easiest thing to do is wear a top that you wear constantly and is just easy. So in my case a breton top. This is something I wear almost every week and it goes with every single thing in my wardrobe. Because I wear it so much I feel like I'm not all dressed-up when I pair it with a spangly skirt.

A breton top goes with absolutely anything and everything and I love how easy it makes this skirt to wear in the daytime.


Do you ever get something new and then wonder how you survived without it? For me it's this 'shacket'. I'd been on the hunt for the perfect one for a while and I couldn't have found a better one than this Dorothy Perkins version. I wear it so, so much and it's just so easy to throw on. It's just perfect for any easy daytime jacket. Perfectly casual, but still fashionable, the finishing touch that this outfit needed.


Add on some peep-toe boots that you love and your favourite daytime handbag and eat lunch being as sparkly as you want to be!

Jacket - Dorothy Perkins
Top - New Look
Skirt - Mango
Boots - Primark 
Bag - Miss Selfridge

x x x 

1 comment:

  1. I wish there was a Mango near me. I love how breton tops go with so many things x

    Jenny | LuxeStyle

    ReplyDelete