Tuesday 6 September 2016

What's Been Happening...?

It's all about food just now...

It's back! Mary's back! The tent is back! THE CAKES ARE BACK! I'm just a bit excited about the return of Great British Bake Off. I've always loved the cake-filled competition, I mean what tasty delights can they come up with this year?! And anyway don't we all love an excuse to cosy up on the sofa as the nights will soon to be getting darker, tea in one hand and a little sweet treat in the other watching Mary Berry on the hunt for soggy bottoms - I couldn't be happier.

My sister jetted off to Hvar this week and this time a year a ago I was there myself soaking up the sunshine. I fell absolutely head over heels in love with Hvar. It's just the best place and I'd go back in a heartbeat. If someone could please just take me back to days spent sipping on wine with a gentle sea breeze blowing whilst we picked out our favourite yacht I'd definitely love you forever.

So what should you do if you just want to feel fabulous for a day - head for a luxurious lunch in the sky! My sister and I decided it was time to treat ourselves. I jumped on a train through to Edinburgh and we climbed to the top of the indulgent Harvey Nicks and whiled away the hours drinking prosecco and eating amazing food - that's what weekends are about after all.

Weekends are also about getting together with friends, escaping the city and drinking pimms when it's sunny - never forget this.

Running in the theme of good food and drink is Taste Buchanan. This fabulous new foodie spot in Glasgow is a winner for sure. Filled with the very best street food that Glasgow has to offer, the top floor of the Buchanan Galleries has been transformed. With everything from delicious bao buns to irresistible ice cream and amazing cocktails this is the perfect little food spot about. Definitely climb up to the top and discover the amazing things that are going on with Taste Buchanan!

Yaaa it's Autumn! Don't get me wrong I love a bit of sunshine as much as the next person, but I do it when this time of year rolls around. It's all crisp, blue sky days with tumbling red and orange leaves and this all calls for only one thing - cosy jumpers and big woolly scarves, love it.

We all have those outfits that just work don't we. Mine just happens to be skinny jeans and stripes! Throw on a denim jacket and oversized scarf and I'm ready for a morning of brunch and shopping. Basic I know, bothered I'm not.

And here's the brunch! We actually wandered around for a bit before we eventually fell into Papii in Edinburgh, the smell of waffles inciting us. I mean this is all I could ever want. I big stack of waffles, swimming in the sweetest of maple syrups and covered in crispy bacon. You're drooling right now aren't you - cos I certainly am!

I just love all the frilly shirts that are about at the moment! They're not overly girly, but are just so adorable! I was so happy when I stumbled across this gem - definitely a fan of the frill.




No comments:

Post a Comment