Sunday 17 April 2016

The Body Shop VIP Event

I was so excited to go along to a little event at The Body Shop recently!


I've always loved The Body Shop as a brand. I remember getting big tubs of the Body Butter for birthdays from friends and browsing the shop on a Saturday picking out our favourite smells and always buying a little tub of the lip balm. I'm not going to lie as I've gotten older I've kind of moved away from the brand, but after a really lovely evening in the Sauchiehall Street store my love has been reignited.

The Body Shop was founded in 1976 with the aim to make people feel good, body and soul - and I think it definitely does! Their products are gorgeous and really have a feel good factor to them, making you smile. They are "offering high-quality, naturally-inspired skincare, hair care and make-up produced ethically and sustainably"

Basically it's all about making you feel great!



And when you walk into the shop you really can't help but smile. The bright beautiful packaging immediately lifts your mood and the smells, oh the smells! They are all divine and simply stretch that smile wider.

We were there to be introduced to the new line, Drops of Light.


It's a new pure, healthy, brightening range enriched with red algae and vitamin C to help skin appear brighter and more luminous, aiming to even out pigmentation. The range is all about enhancing natural beauty. It's made up of Pure Clarifying Foam Wash, Pure Translucency Essence Lotion, Pure Healthy Brightening Serum and a Pure Healthy Brightening Day Cream. The packaging is so pretty, it's really simple and elegant and I just love everything about it!



"Our new Drops of Light range will smooth the skin and leave your skin tone more even, giving you picture perfect #NoFilter skin every time."

The Lotion was definitely one of my favourites, it hydrates and enhances translucency with a really soft texture. The cream is soft and silky and just melts on. It's a highly moisturising and nourishing formula and leaves your skin brighter and more hydrated.



I'm also wishing I'd bought the Day Cream as it was absolutely gorgeous!


I was treated to a sublime hand-scrub and massage - bliss.

The lovely lady used a mixture of a Wild Argan Oil Body Lotion and the matching Wild Argan Scrub. It was gorgeous.


I loved it so much I couldn't resist treating myself to the Wild Argan Body Lotion. It's enriched with organic Community Trade argan oil from Morocco  - "Our precious argan nuts are sourced from the remote Atlas Mountains of Morocco. They are hand-picked, hand-cracked and slowly pressed for the purest, most radiant Community Trade argan oil." The lovely lightweight formula leaves your skin noticeably softer and smoother. But the thing that I love most is the gorgeous smell. It's not over-powering and is just delicious.



I loved my evening in The Body Shop and I'll definitely be popping back on a much more regular basis - thanks so much for having me, my love is definitely back!




1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot for reviews about this Body Shop VIP Event. Totally impressed to watch these excellent event pictures. Last year, attended a similar event at a local event space and had a great time over there.

    ReplyDelete