Wednesday 17 June 2015

Glagow Clyde College Fashion Show

Recently I was lucky enough to be invited along to the Glasgow Clyde College annual end of year Fashion Show, by the HND Fashion Design Students.

I popped along to the Barra's Art and Design Studio on a sunny Saturday evening, treated myself to a wee gin and settled down to watch the show. It was the perfect setting with sun streaming through the glass roof and the cobbles providing the perfect catwalk. I took my seat in the front row and played at being Anna Wintour for a bit, except I couldn't help but smile!


First up to strut their stuff was a collection of white dresses - getting me all excited for a summer glow and holiday cocktails! They were all beautifully designed with some really unusual cuts and details. From low neck-lines and batwing sleeves to petal detailing, there was some really pretty dresses on display that you could also see yourself wearing to stand out from the crowd.


There were so many amazing designs on display, but I think these were the three that stuck in my memory, aren't the stunning!

I love a nude colour scheme and I really love (and need!) these three jackets! The simple and chic sheer dress on the left is gorgeously complimented by the detailing on the jacket. And on the right how glamorous do those trousers look?! I feel like there's hints of Celine and Chloe in these and they look like they belong in a high-end designer store. In the middle I loved the kinda space-age vibe and the silver trousers and oversized roll-neck would look amazing in a snowy Christmas setting, plus I do just love a big cosy polo-neck.

I loved this fantasy inspired collection!


A lot of the outfits I saw I'd snap right off the catwalk and strut away in. This one though was a little different, and although I might not wear it for a coffee in the Westend, I adore the fairytale and fantasy element it has to it. It made me think of a snowy Narnia setting, where the models had just climbed through a designer wardrobe into a new land. The furry details and the general designs were really different to anything we saw on the night and if I get to meet Mr Tumnus while wearing them, then I'm happy.

Below, was definitely a high-end inspired collection and was simply gorgeous.


'Take me to Paris, dahling' is the feeling that this collection whispers elegantly. The maxi full-length silky skirt is divine and the ruffle neck details add a sophisticated twist. And don't get me started on the sleeveless waterfall coat - love, love, love - please can I have it now? Plus, how perfect is that peachy colour. I want to be eating macaroons in peach silky trousers and pearls all the time. They are both just perfectly elegant and beautiful.

Elsewhere there was stunning co-ords, fringed detailing, beautiful roll-necks and some bright colours to shake it all up!


The talent on the night was extraordinary and I felt so privileged to be there, amongst proud family and friends, to admire all the hard work of the students. I really didn't know what to expect and was truly impressed by what I saw. A massive congratulations to all the designers - definitely bright futures ahead! And a huge thank you to everyone who was involved in the organisation and for popping me over an invite. A really spectacularly fashionable evening!




No comments:

Post a Comment