Wednesday 22 April 2015

Keds and Oasis - Perfectly Paired

I was more than a little bit excited to be invited along to the launch of Keds collaboration with Oasis!


Oasis is a wonderful shop - I always associate it with pretty florals and bright summer colours. There is always a load of glorious dresses to twirl around in, gorgeous details and boutique-esque pieces. For me it's a grown-up chic shop - that's still a little fun with all the amazing colours! Whenever you pass the window or take a wander in you're transported to a summer garden filled with bright blossoming flowers and sunshine - a pretty good feeling when you're shopping if you ask me!

Keds is an American footwear brand. It reminds me of The O.C. - everyones favourite show back when I was a young 'un - I think it was because once-upon-a-time Mischa Barton was the face of the brand, now it's the amazing Taylor Swift. Are ya getting an image? All American sunshine girl. They actually been around since 1916 and made sneakers simple and chic. They're comfy and effortless, but they also have a luxe element to them with their sought after brand name.

But anyway back to the event!



We were invited along for breakfast - and it was the perfect way to start a Thursday morning. Walking towards the window you couldn't help but notice the bright window display - summer was practically jumping out of the glass. And this theme carried on in the display - with patterned plant pots growing shoes and an amazing sign to point you in the direction of your perfect pair.


Picking up on SS15's key prints and vibrant tones in the capsule collection there are four styles to choose from...

The Perfectionist - a dainty little nautical striped lace-up trainer. The classic strip is brighten up with neon stripes round the sole - I'm seeing myself strolling round the French Riviera.

The Jetsetter - Aloha! The bright tropical print on these is so perfect for the summer months. I love the colours on the floral design and the bold design really stands out.

The English Rose - aren't these just so pretty! I'm a sucker for dainty floral designs and this is the kind of print I love. They are perfect to add a girlie touch to any outfit, without going over the top.

The Style Hunter - now these are my favourite. The leopard print design adds a little more edge and the slip-on style is so comfortable. They neon detail makes them stand out and gives them a unique touch. They'll look great with ripped skinnies or add another dimension to a floaty midi skirt - and basically I couldn't resist a pair, there's nothing like a 'new-shoe-feeling'.



Clive Reeve, Oasis Design Director said; "Vibrant print and pattern is at the heart of the Oasis design ethos, so working with Keds - a brand equally renowned for their iconic style - is a natural brand fit for us. It's been great to incorporate our prints into their design to create a fantastic capsule collection for Oasis and Keds customers alike."

And he is so right - they are pretty darn fantastic!



You can snap them up in UK sizes 3-8 for £45 - so don't be missing out! Which ones will you go for?

A huuuuuuuge thank you for Glasgow Buchanan Galleries Oasis store for having me - so obsessed with my new shoes! 



1 comment:

  1. Oooh I love the Keds Taylor wears (she is such a style inspiration) <3 Gisforgingers xx

    ReplyDelete