Thursday 26 February 2015

Weekend Wardrobe: Sunday

After cocktails on Saturday night, Sunday calls for cosy jumpers and pancakes.



When packing for a wee night away I like to pack items that work in more than one way, making your bag a little lighter and dressing a little easier. Multi-functional items are great for taking you from a day out on Saturday to a comfy Sunday. Check out what I wore on SATURDAY and see how I've re-worked them here!

And my multi-functional item this weekend was my leather trousers. They are great for dressing up, but I also like them as an alternative on a comfy day. This pair are actually surprisingly comfortable and because they are faux-leather they do have a little bit of stretch in them. I think they're a great alternative to your everyday jeans and can give even a cosy Sunday outfit a little chic edge, making you look just a bit more styled-up than you would in your denims.

I've said it once and I'll say it again - I've been finding myself living in roll-necks! And this is a chunky, comfy alternative from the more fitted jersey options that you may have spied me in on here.


It is just so cosy! The chunky knit cuddles you in and is ideal for wintery Sundays. I really like the navy as it's so easy to wear with anything, but a bright colour would've looked amazing as well. I found it in the H&M sale and I wish I'd snapped it up in every colour as I find myself wearing it constantly, but I haven't been able to find it since and believe me I've been hunting! It's the ultimate Sunday go-to item, chunky knitwear, that's cosy and comfortable - I couldn't ask for anything more.

To add a little more interest to an otherwise pretty simple outfit mix it up a bit with a statement clutch. I'd actually found this one in Miss Selfridge the day before. The stamped on slogan has been really popular lately and I've been craving one since I saw the white Zara 'Stressed but Well Dressed' original. I jumped on this one when I saw it, the coral colour is beautiful with a dark navy, perfectly complimenting it. It is a fairly Spring/Summer colour, which is great as it'll carry me right through, but I also like the pop of colour in a wintery outfit to brighten it up a little.


Recycle your gold accessories, chunky jacket and buckle boots from your Saturday packing and you're good to go!


And Sundays call for nothing more than a pot of Earl Grey and some deliciously chocolate pancakes. How do you do weekend packing?

Coat - Primark
Jumper - H&M
Faux-leather trousers - River Island
Boots - Forever 21
Clutch - Miss Selfridge
Ring - Forever 21
Watch - Fossil

2 comments:

  1. Love your faux leather trousers. I have been on the hunt for a pair for ages!! x

    www.misslinnyo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my dear! I found these ones in the River Island sale, but Topshop or Zara usually have a selection... Not that I'm influencing you to hit the shops....

      Thanks for reading lovely! xx

      Delete