Wednesday 29 October 2014

Leather Squids

I was looking forward to trying out a new eatery in the Westend at the weekend!

I went out for dinner with a group of friends to catch-up on new stories, old gossip and exciting adventures and decided that it was the ideal opportunity to pop on a new pair of trousers that I eventually bought after a whole lot of craving.


Leather trousers are amazing for Autumn/Winter and these pair are a peach! I decided I wanted a pair of leather - or a least leather-look - trews ages ago and I eventually bit the bullet. They are perfect to dress up for a night out or layer up with cosy knits, being an amazing alternative to plain denim.

With them being leather-look I was expecting to pay a bit more but after scouring the shops nothing was standing out and I was all ready to give up when I spotted this pair on the Sale rack in River Island and they were perfect! It was just a bonus that they happened to be pretty much half price as well.


A big over-sized monochrome tee is the ideal accompaniment. I wear this one all the time and have had it for years, but I still love it. Just to be a little bit more dressed-up I added on this gorgeous textured jacket to help battle the cold weather. The studs, padded shoulders and structured fit make it the perfect layer for an evening out.

Shoes are needed, obviously, and a heeled boot are the perfect balance between dressier stilettos and summery sandals. The oxblood colour of these are gorgeous and look ideal paired with a berry lip - of course which I did! Add a big ol' sparkly necklace and it's most definitely prosecco time in order to kick off the night.



After we were nice and bubbly on fizz we trotted down Great Western road to the Squid and Whale. I'd never been before, but one of my pals had and I was pretty darn pleased with the introduction. The buzzy bar was complete with melting candles in gin bottles and amazing menus to pour over complete with mouth-watering Mexican food.


To get things going margaritas were at the top of the list. There was even some Jalapeño Margaritas, that had some kick to them and for the less adventurous, or traditional there was also Classic Margaritas, which I had and was more than pleased with.

Soon a plate over-flowing with food arrived. As you can see the portions are HUGE and they're not overly expensive either so you most definitely get your moneys worth, there is no doubt about that. I had the Oaxaca-Pollo. It was a burrito absolutely bursting with chicken, rice, salsa fresca, jack cheese and frijoles refritos. There was even nachos and salsa on the side - just in case you needed them.


Mine was absolutely mouth-wateringly delicious, but I can't lie and I did feel a bit of food envy when steaming pots of deliciousness arrived opposite me. The Cochinita Pibil did look amazing and I think that's what I'll have to get next time. For all you non-mexican speakers, it was slow roasted pulled pork in Yucatán style, which apparently is a recipe from the Mayan age. To top it off there was rice, pink pickled onions, queso fresca, frijoles refritos and house guacamole. 



All in all I can't wait to go back again. Next time though I'm thinking in pyjamas, leather trousers aren't all that forgiving.... 

Jacket - Zara

Top - River Island
Trousers - River Island
Boots - Forever 21
Necklace - Primark 



No comments:

Post a Comment