Thursday 7 August 2014

Neon Nachos

Indulge in nachos with a stripey jumper and a fluorescent bag!

I have got so many bags in my collection and they all gather into an Everest mountain on top of the wardrobe, so I really need to make the effort to swap them over every now and again. I got this one as a birthday present a while ago and thought I best take it out on a little outing. The fluorescent, neon orange colour is perfect for brightening up a dull grey day and the dotty lining is just gorgeous, I love it when bags are just as pretty on the inside as they are on the outside.

I know, I know stripes and those cream trousers - AGAIN! But, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

The jumper is a golden oldie that I've kept for a fair wee while, as most of you know I just can't say no to stripes and a navy and cream striped jumper is what I dream of, so for me you just can't get any better. It's become a favourite for a reason. And as for the cream jeans, like I said before I'm trying to get as much wear out of them as I can, so really it's any excuse to throw them on at the moment.

Denim jackets always have a bit of a 90's throwback element to them don't they? And I've had a tumultuous relationship with this one. When I got it in Verona a few years ago I was absolutely delighted with it and wore it all summer - probably winter as well. But then I kind of fell out of love with it and hid it away at the back of the cupboard. The only reason I didn't throw it away is because it's such a good make and it felt selfish too, but I'm so glad I didn't. After it went on holiday for a bit after a flat-party I realised that I missed it and was more than happy to be reunited. It's the ultimate summer cover-up and stops this outfit looking too much like I'm going out on a yacht - I've fallen back in love that's for sure.

It is a pretty sailor-y look, but the spiked statement necklace along with the beaten up brogues and of course the neon bag stop it looking too nautical - unless I was a cowboy, raver Pirate sailing the seas.

And now time for the nachos! This is an obsession that I've had going on with my flat-mate of four years, we just can't get enough...


Denim Jacket - Armani
Jumper - Topshop
T-Shirt (just seen) - Zara
Jeans - Zara
Brogues - New Look
Bag - Next
Necklace - Primark



2 comments:

  1. Love your jumper and necklace! I love stripes and spikes!

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know, these two are definite wardrobe favourites that I wear over and over! xxx

      Delete