Tuesday 20 May 2014

REVIEW: Bargain Beauty

For some beauty products you do just have to pay that little bit extra to get exactly what you're looking for - but this doesn't always have to be the case! So I decided to share with you some of my beauty essentials that are an absolute steal.



1 - Rimmel Nail Nurse, Base and Top Coat - £4.49

This is an amazing base for nail varnishes. It boasts of a 5 in 1 formula that claims to keep your nails smoother, stronger, longer, moisturized and shinier - although I've maybe not noticed all of this things straight away, using it over time I would definitely say that my nails stay longer and are stronger. However the reason I fell head over heels with this product is because it really keeps the varnish on for a whole lot longer! Using it as a base and top coat every time I apply a colour I find that my nails stay put, with little to absolutely no chips for up to a week and more - amazing I know. The base coat also stops darker colours dying the nail - but it's the staying power that wowed me for sure.

2 - Superdrug Simply Pure Eye Make-Up Remover - £2.59

Aimed to be used on sensitive skin (which I think is ideal for the delicate eye area) this eye make-up remover is fragrance and paraben free - for that area of make-up removal the simpler the better, so this makes me pleased to start with. It's really mild and gentle and I've never felt irritated by it, leaving a clean and refreshed feeling without the greasy residue. And to top it all off it easily wipes away eye make-up without having rub your eyes raw. With other removers I would be convinced every smidgen of mascara had gone but would still wake up with panda eyes - but Superdrug Simply Pure fixed all this.

   

3 - Boots Essentials Nail Polish Remover - £1

So once I've painted my nails - and they've lasted amazingly well with Rimmel - I've got to switch the colour up every now and again. This nail polish remover is one that I highly recommend. It glides easily over nails and I often find I only need one cotton pad, without scrubbing away for ages. Even dark and glittery polishes come off really easily, simply wiping off and leaving little residue behind - without drying nails out.. It just really is pretty darn good, and for that price I mean who could complain.

4 - Maybelline Fit Me! Concealer - £5.99

I have had a long term love affair with YSL Touche Eclat - and don't get me wrong this love affair hasn't ended I've just found an alternative that's a tad on the cheaper side. It's a gel concealer with no waxes or fillers and blends into skin really well, going on smoothly and feels nice and soft on your face. As a concealer it's not too heavy, but still covers up blemishes and imperfections brilliantly without leaving a caked feeling on your face, opting for a more natural look. The light coverage feels so much better leaving you with a make-up look that feels fresh, breathable and natural




5 - Superdrug Cleansing Wipes - 99p

What a price I know! These cleansing wipes are super soft on your face and aim to gently cleanse and purify. What I first noticed about these wipes were how wet they were, some wipes can tend to dry out, but these are moisture rich - meaning that they can easily glide over the face removing make-up without rubbing. With ingredients including witch hazel your skin is left cleansed, soft and refreshed. Best of all mascara comes off easily, result! I don't use face wipes often, but sometimes on holiday, a weekend away or rolling in after a night out they're just easier and for these times the Superdrug cleansing wipes are ideal.

6 - Nivea Tinted Moisturiser - £3.59

Along the lines of the Maybelline concealer this tinted moisturiser is perfect for a more natural make-up look. It's a natural day cream with a hint of coverage that evens out the skin tone with a tiny amount of colour. Filled with vitamins and SPF you're skin is left feeling moisturised and healthy and it claims to be packed with light reflecting and colour pigments that give your skin a flawless finish, reducing imperfections. Just out teh tube it can look a bit dark, but it blends beautifully into your skin with a lovely finish - it's an ideal alternative to foundation.

7 - Boots Essentials Body Lotion - £1.49

Packed with cocoa butter and vitamin E this body lotion softens, nourishes and smooths the skin. It absorbs really well and you're left with silky feeling skin that has been both moisturised and conditioned - perfect! The smell is delicious, but not over-powering and even feels a little luxurious. I smooth it all over every night and I've definitely noticed a difference in my skin, feeling much softer and moisturised - and I'm not left with a greasy feeling by bedtime as it soaks into your skin really well. As far as value for money goes it's fantastic as it's a 390ml bottle that seems to last forever.

     ***** All prices were correct at time of post publish.

                                               

2 comments:

  1. To be honestly I mostly buy products around this price- why pay more for basics! Great to see a post about them Gisforgingers xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I do like to save money on the essentials - leaves more pennies for shopping! xx

      Delete